In 2010, I along with a group of 15 girls, most of them the victim of one or other form of sexual assault decided to fight back. Ours is a group of Survivors. We started an awareness campaign regarding women issues through street plays and workshops under the name Red Brigade; dressed in red and black, red denoting danger and black denoting protest. Learnt self-defense techniques and started training/equipping other girls with the self-defense techniques under the name Mission One Million.
Later in March 2014, we registered our group as Red Brigade Trust, Lucknow and now working as an organized organization.
Our different activities comprise of:
* Awareness Campaigns regarding Violence against Women
* Workshops related to Self-Defense (Mission One Million), Gender Discrimination, and Good Touch Bad Touch.
* Provide legal assistance to Rape/other Survivors including Acid Attack Victims
* Educate poor girls
* Conduct Awareness programme and workshops with Survivors
* We constantly raise our voice against Sexual violence.